To avoid or to ignore someone (for no reason at all) is a subtle way of getting attention. If suddenly you find that people are ignoring you then most probably you are doing well and you don’t have time to pay attention to others.
A person who is ignoring you is behaving like a person shown in the image above.
People ignore you that does not mean that you are stupid. Perhaps they are more stupid than you.
If someone ignore you then your first reaction is that you get confused and start looking if you have made any mistake.
If you stop gossiping then people who love gossip will avoid you and you will lose some friends. If you quit smoking then smokers will quit you. If you stop drinking alcohol then drinkers will avoid you. If you get rich then poor will ignore you.
Bird of the same feather flock together.
He is ignoring you means either you are not matching with his mindset or he is trying to get your attention.
Sometimes a person can ignore you because he is unable to dominate or manipulate you. Sometimes he ignore you because he feel inferior in your presence. He want to escape from the reality.
There may be hundred reasons when someone ignore you.
The question is ‘how to deal’ with this kind of situation.
Always remember that the person who ignore you will never give any clarification for his strange behavior. So never ask him why he is avoiding you or why he is ignoring you. If you ask him why he is behaving like this then he may reply that he is not ignoring you, he is just busy. He will never tell the true reason.
It is not what happens to you but how you perceive that situation and give that situation a meaning which serves you that matters. Next time if someone ignore you or avoid you then don’t feel sad. Change your belief (meaning) about that situation.
Try following tips to change your belief:
- Ignore the person who ignore you.
- When a person ignore you he is creating an empty space in your life. Use that space wisely to create something meaningful and productive.
- Perhaps he is not ignoring you, he is simply going through a phase.
- Realize that there will be always some people who ‘like’ you and there will be always some people who ‘dislike’ you.
- A person who ‘like’ you today may ‘dislike’ you tomorrow.
- Never seek approval from others.
- If someone is ignoring you then it is his/her problem because he is slave of his own limiting belief about you.
- Some people feel jealous of your success, happiness or positive attitude.
- Some people are attention seeker drama queens. (Pay attention to me or I will ignore you..!)
- Some people want more respect, if you don’t give them respect then they will ignore you.
- People have an agenda, if you don’t fit into their agenda then they will ignore you.
- Some people has a policy of use and throw.
- Some people are really busy and they don’t have time for you.
- Some people have many problems and unsolved issues in their personal life.
- Some people believe that you are stupid. Their belief is not your reality.
- Perhaps they want to hide their ugly faces.
- Perhaps they are trying to escape from the reality.
- Perhaps your role in their life is finished.
- Perhaps they feel inferiority complex in your presence.
- Perhaps they believe that now you are useless for them.
- You can’t control others but you can control your own emotions.
- Redirect your attention on something which makes you feel happy.
- Never get attached to people and their silly opinions about you.
- Love and hate are two faces of the same coin.
- There is no need to prove yourself.
When someone ignore you, you believe that, ‘he is ignoring me = I have made some serious mistake’. Change this belief to ‘he is ignoring me = it is his mistake’ or ‘he is ignoring me = he is attention seeker’.
Take it easy and move on. There are millions of people around you. You can always make new friends and there will be always someone who truly appreciate you. Stay busy and focus on your goals. Don’t waste your valuable time in worrying about public opinion. There are so many important things in life then paying attention to sick behavior of a person and trying to figure out why he is behaving this way?
Nothing is permanent. Humans are unpredictable. Kids will cry when they need your attention and adults will ignore you when they seek your attention.